Love That Logo!
In business as in love, a great first impression increases the potential for a future relationship.
- Identify the logical focus point – the main aspect, service or product of your company.
- Define your location and target audience.
- Research competitors’ logos. Working within industry conventions helps customers more easily identify what you do or sell. Take note of their similarities – does this provide an opportunity for you to stand out?
- immediate impact – it should catch and hold the viewer’s attention.
- artistic quality – it should have the look and feel of “”art””. If it’s not appealing to the eye, it’s ineffective.
- movement and visual interest – your eyes should naturally follow the design’s flow and hit the target.
- compelling emotion – it should evoke a feeling in the viewer, the feeling you want your audience to remember you by.
- proportionality – this improves ease of usage across all types of media
- originality – be unique without being too strange or eclectic for a mass audience.
- few colors – a small color palette with no gradients is easier and cheaper to reproduce consistently or convert to black & white.
- easily legible fonts – it should be easy to read even in small sizes.
- longevity – it should look timeless, and modern without looking “”dated.””
- simplicity – above all, keep it simple. This is a huge factor in increasing recognition.
An effective logo design takes into account all these factors to create an image that customers won’t soon forget.
Looking for examples? Check out our logo portfolio here.“